The Dark Horse is a Side Mission in The Ascent. Side Missions are obtained by speaking to NPCs and accepting their request, these side missions are secondary quests or tasks that do not have any bearing to the main story of the game, but instead, provides various information to the overall lore, as well as providing the player with different rewards upon completing a side mission.
Ubi Gadgeteer plans to rig the open contestant speedCrush race to his favor. With the winnings, he hopes to pay a heavy Rojin debt. He's asked me to help him by tampering with the other pods.
The Dark Horse Objectives
- Go to the Race Track
- Plant the EMP Actuators (5/5)
- Call Ubi
- Wait for the race to finish
- Rescue Ubi
- Talk to Ubi
The Dark Horse Quest Giver
Speaking to the related NPC provides this mission
The Dark Horse Rewards
- 22,000 XP
- Propulsion Leap
The Dark Horse Enemies
The Dark Horse Walkthrough
- Speak to the Ubi Gadgeteer at The Node and accept the job to acquire this mission. You'll then acquire the EMP Actuators which you need to use for this side mission.
- Head to the race track in the CorpZone and plant the 5 EMP Actuators to the vehicles. When that's done, go to nearby bar and call Ubi to tell him that you've planted the actuators.
- Wait for the race to finish and you'll receive a distress call from Ubi saying that the Rojin have destroyed his vehicle and that he's about to be killed.
- Fast travel by taxi or train to The Glut and ping your waymarker to find the location where Ubi is being held by the Rojin. When you arrive, kill all the enemies and then speak to him to complete this side mission.
- You'll be rewarded with 22,000 XP and the Augmentation item, the Propulsion Leap.
The Dark Horse Notes & Tips
- Notes, Tips, and other info goes here