Prison Break is a Side Mission in The Ascent. Side Missions are obtained by speaking to NPCs and accepting their request, these side missions are secondary quests or tasks that do not have any bearing to the main story of the game, but instead, provides various information to the overall lore, as well as providing the player with different rewards upon completing a side mission.
You know prison breaks are always so much more exciting, so much more romanticized, when you experience them in a halo, or get to play them in a fully immersive VR scenario. In real life though? Yeah, kinda messy. Stuff blows up, walls get knocked down, ****'s goin' to pieces all over the place.... Really messes with the zen.
Which is why Aleks, a corpSec who REALLY wishes he'd gotten the **** off this godforsaken rack when he had the chance, needs me to go and see about this itty bitty prison break happening just over yonder. Not to worry, shouldn;t be a biggie for a tough guy like me. Oh, and did we mention: they happen to have a mech?
Prison Break Objectives
- Destroy the Mech
- Return to Aleks
Prison Break Quest Giver
Speaking to the related NPC provides this mission
Prison Break Rewards
- 4,500 XP
- Razor Dronettes
Prison Break Enemies
Prison Break Walkthrough
- Speak to Aleks outside of The Glut who's standing by the helipad, he's near the large elevators at the top. Accept the job in order to acquire this side mission.
- Travel to the abandoned building that's also in The Glut. This is near the train station. If you're lost, ping the objective waypoint marker to guide you.
- Be ready to fight multiple Turbo Thugs here before you reach the location of the Siege Mech.
- Near the Siege Mech's location, go southwest and you'll find a Cyberdeck upgrade, the Icepick which is on top of a counter.
- After grabbing the item, head to the Siege Mech's location and take it out. Use an energy-based firearm to take out easily.
- Once that's done, clear out the area first to find some crates and chests that you can loot, then return to Aleks who's still at the same spot where you spoke to him.
- Completing this side mission rewards you with 4,500 XP and the Razor Dronettes augment.
Prison Break Notes & Tips
- Notes, Tips, and other info goes here